Monday, June 28, 2010

Adieu Tom

Tom Nicon was a sweet and kind boy. I still can't believe he's gone. So sudden. And such a loss to all who knew and loved him.

Oddly enough, I had just emailed with Tom the weekend before Milan. After not seeing him for almost a year. We were by no means close friends but after meeting him at his first show (where the two of us sat texting his soon-to-be agent/my best friend) and a few dinners out in the East Village, an occassional "You alright?" on Facebook seemed to suffice.

I didn't know him well but I know I adored him.

We spoke of his photo studio in Paris where "Cole and Yuri hang out," along with his friend Jolijn. As well as his excitement about several good clients who had just shot there and a few that were organized in the weeks ahead.


We decided a post was in order (to promote the space) and agreed a photo from backstage with him and some of the guys holding a sign or something could be fun. Unfortunately it never came.

My deepest and most heartfelt thoughts go out to his family for their loss. He was a unique and beautiful soul and he will be missed by all who knew him.

Tom's family has extended an open invitation to anyone who wishes to join them in saying their last goodbyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know Tom but he was my favorite model since first time I saw him on the runway. Thank you for this personal rememberance of him as a person. Nice to read personal note of him instead of "Burberry Model"

R.I.P. Tom

Anonymous said...

So sad:(

Mike said...

So young! So hard to lose someone that young!