Friday, February 12, 2010

Lee McQueen 1969-2010

Like everyone, I too was shocked and saddened yesterday morning to learn of the tragic and sudden death of the designer and artist Lee McQueen. I found out on my way out the door and wasn't able to watch the news unfold throughout the day, so it wasn't until late last-night, in bed with my laptop, I was able to take it in and hear all the lovely tributes pour in from around the world from those who knew and admired his work.

Calling him simply a "genius," or a "visionary," or even "fashion's brightest star," seems almost cliche in light of all he did and meant to the world and fashion, but the truth is, he was all of those things. And so much more.

There is not enough that can be said about Lee Alexander McQueen. Except that there has never been and will never be another like him.


Emma Traynor said...

Beautiful tribute Jd to sum up a beautiful man.
Watching some of them videos reminds me how much of a "visionary" and "Genius" he was and how much everyone will miss him.


OniKazi said...

my personal favorite from his collections is sarabande spring/fall 2007. His craftsmanship and the beauty of the collection was simply amazing. It didnt have the theatrics of his earlier shows but the pieces spoke volumes to his talent.