Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Friends

So I'm having lunch with a couple friends a few weeks back and we end up talking about (you guessed it) Facebook. And how we've all decided to keep our accounts to people we actually know. Or know of. Or have at least met.

There I am just rambling on about how I've got like 500 pending "friend requests" and how bad I feel for not accepting any of them..blah blah blah...when someone pipes in, "500!?! You've got 500 pending friend requests??"

"You should do a post on that," says another.

So. Here's my post about how I've got friend requests out the wazoo, and how bad I feel for not accepting any of them. The number's gone up since then and, yes, I'm still feeling bad.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! don't feel bad ... i don't blame you for keeping your a/c for friends only ... in that case you don't get bombarded with messages constantly from people you don't know ... & so many people use facebook/myspace etc.. as a popularity contest which is kinda pathetic ... "Yes, you have 2500 friends but you know like 100 of them & only spoken to 50 of them!!!!"

Anonymous said...

you obviously cant feel that bad if its a topic of a discussion at dinner. lol

darryl said...

I've been reading your blog since day one I think its BS you wont make exceptions:)

Anonymous said...

FACEBOOK IS FOR PEOPLE WITH TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS !!

Anonymous said...

who has time for facebook?
go outside and LIVE life!
(AND VOTE TODAY, PEOPLE -
C H A N G E H I S T O R Y !)

Anonymous said...

YAWN... I mean really. How juvenile.. WHO CARES..

scott (Arizona) said...

And leaving bitchy anonymous comments on blogs isn't juvenile? I love that you're in to facebook JD, but you should except my friend request already (lol)

Anonymous said...

i know really..obviously that person cared enough to take the time to post that comment.. speaking of juvenile.

kelly said...

FACEBOOK ROCKS !!

Steven said...

So that's why you haven't accepted my friend request. LOL.