Monday, September 29, 2008

Paul Newman RIP

I was so bummed to hear Paul Newman had passed away. I had the pleasure of meeting he and his family back when I was a waiter at Union Square Cafe, years ago in my 20's. He was everything I'd hoped he'd be. And then some. Unpretentious, gracious and kind; he was in a league of his own. Not just as an icon, screen-legend and philanthropist, but someone who figured out how to live a first class life. And be grateful for it. I was in awe the entire time.

4 comments:

Dundee said...

just heard the same great things from my mom...and now thinking i gotta watch Butch Cassidy again..."eso es un robo" (always loved this part...)

Vicky said...

Great loss, great loss...

keri anne said...

I always wondered how paul newman and marlon brando would fit in among todays young actors. They were both so handsome and talented. Much more depthful than what we seen today.

Anonymous said...

FIRST CLASS - you said it.
my all-time crush.
he's set the bar for all of us.
thanks, paul!