Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jeremy Kost

One of the things I look forward to most backstage is catching up with all my photographer buddies. And the one I have the most in common with would appear to be (boy crazy) Jeremy Kost. Everyone's always asking me "What will Jeremy do once they stop making polaroids?" Well, don't worry about him, he's got plenty of tricks up his sleeve.

This season I was enthralled watching Jeremy work on his latest venture. Titled "Screen Tests" Jeremy captured little snippets (though they seemed to go on forever at the time) of such greats as Valentino, Diane von Furstenburg, Tommy Hilfiger (and a few he's keeping under wraps) staring dead-pan in to his lens. I thought they were genius and I loved watching him capture these legendary moments.

Click here to see his "Screen Tests" from backstage and be sure to check out the BEAUTIFUL vid of Nicole Richie, Cristina Ricci and Winona Ryder front row at DKNY. He's also working on a "male-themed" book which you can find on his site under Objectification.

Photo of Jeremy and Tommy Hilfiger courtesy of Eric Ray Davidson for The New York Times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear god PLEAAASE don't say you have anything in common with jeremy kost!!!

Anonymous said...

I like that you mention other photographers!x

Anonymous said...

I AGREE..APPLES AND ORANGES...