Monday, July 7, 2008

Margiela

Right up there with my rushing to Calvin a few seasons ago only to realize upon arriving backstage that I'd left my camera at home "debacle," is last week's Margiela "blunder" in Paris. Well, actually, my NON-Margiela blunder. I thought it was Margiela. The PR girl told me it was Margiela. It looked like Margiela. How could it not have been Margiela? Well, I'll tell you how.

Apparently, upstairs was some sort of gallery exhibition (nonetheless cool) that I wandered in to. Margiela was downstairs. It wasn't until later in the day listening to these two ridiculous queens (wearing bow-ties and high-water trousers with patent leather shoes and no socks) yammering on about Margiela, that something clicked. "Wait a minute, that's not what I shot at all."

Retarded, I know. So here's a few shots from some gallery installation I stumbled upon during men's fashion week that took place in the same building as Margiela, at the same time as Margiela, however, was not Margiela. Oh well, what're ya gonna do?






9 comments:

MR style said...

good thats cool !! but the jewels look like somethin from an american designer name Pau or somethin !! but not sure !!

Anonymous said...

Nice image

Keesean said...

this presentation is ultra-conceptual

Anonymous said...

who was the artist? its a beautiful show!

The Prophet said...

Boris Bidjan Saberi

Anonymous said...

You are hystericus maximus!!

Anonymous said...

www.borisbidjansaberi.com

Anonymous said...

www.totemfashion.com

stockists:

LECLAIREUR - PARIS
KOMAKINO
ETC

Claire Fisher said...

So who are those rings done by? I must know. Now.