Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Carlotta Manaigo

Who knew that the cute little Italian girl I'd been shooting with backstage in Milan for three days (and having a ball) would turn out to be Carlotta Manaigo? One of my favorite young photographers.

On assignment for a Japanese magazine, Carlotta maneuvered her way through the backstage like a pro. ALL the guys loved her. (And I'm not just talking about the models but the backstage photographers as well.) It wasn't until leading Jay Massacret by the hand at the Gucci party (to meet my "new pal") just as he's telling me "Wait I wanna say hi to Carlotta," that we ended up at the same person! "You're Carlotta Manaigo?!? The one who shoots the beautiful portraits of the boys?" (Can you imagine?)

Do yourselves a favor and check out Carlotta's work. She has an amazing eye and I love her mixture of portraiture and landscapes. Her images have a dreamy romantic feel to them and I can't wait to see what she got backstage. AND, she's very cool.

6 comments:

Bryn said...

something wrong with the link, you made a space between her fore and surnames...otherwise...she's AWESOME!!!!!!

underneath said...

I couldn`t agree with you more - I have made posts on her several times!

Anonymous said...

wow shes got wayy more skills than you JD!
step it up, learn some new techniques from Miss manaigo.
Your photographs are starting to look repetitive.

yibram palacios said...

sorry i didn't read the article but the guy on the picture...(!)...and the jil sander marble suit...(!)(!)

conner said...

Yeah, your photos of Karl Lagerfeld are repetitive JD. You should take nicer ones. Why do people compare photographers when their styles are so different?

christophe said...

I see she is a "Simon fan" also:)