Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ronchi de Cuba

So my sissy girlfriend and favorite traveling companion Gaspard and I hit the big downtown Aruba today. It's basically a long strip with the usual tourist trappings...Senor Frog's, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Ralph...surprisingly Starbuck's hasn't taken over (which was refreshing,) but they did have a Taco Bell, so I was happy.

Popped by Ronchi's store called Trash and checked out his clothing line, which I loved. His designs are very Carolina Herrera meets South Beach with a little J.Lo by Oscar de La Renta. I told him if he opened a shop on Lincoln Road he'd make a killing. He's a big love-able, hysterical queen and I fell in love with him instantly.

Luckily for me, we speak the same language so I was able to get sorted out for the week. We watched the models get fitted for this week's big finale, chained smoked cigarette's, drank espresso at his salon next door and laughed our twat's off the entire time.

But even more impressive than the coffee and smoke was seeing last year's winner Aldrick Tromp's twelve-pack, which all the other boys were in awe of. I'd go over and speak to them about being a model etc...and they'd all say the same thing, "Ya, but I don't have abs. I'm working on my abs." So funny.

Love Ronchi de Cuba! He's my new BFF.

1 comment:

I Want Today, I Want Tomorrow said...

What is it about Taco Bell? I get sick to my stomach anytime I see a new Starbuck's opening. But excited anytime I see a new Taco Bell especially a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell/KFC.