Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fashion Television

Three seasons ago, shooting in the pit front-of-house at Marc Jacobs, I met the funnest queen EVER and his hunky German cameraman Martin Brown. We had an absolute blast and when it was all over he introduced himself as Christopher Sherman, Production Manager for Fashion Television. Having seen some B-roll of Karl and I backstage in Milan, he said he thought it would be fun if we did a story together. Needless to say I was completely honored.

Unfortunately, being based in Toronto, my friendship with Christopher has been limited to emails and phone calls, but I always look forward to playing with him when he is in town and he has become a highlight of my fashion week.
As a young tween in Texas, I grew up watching Fashion Television. Every Saturday morning I would tune in only to be disappointed once the Royalton Hotel ad was finished playing at the end because I knew it would be another week before I could get my fashion fix. Meeting Jeanne Beker backstage my first season was a thrill and I still can't quite wrap my brain around hearing her say my name in this piece.

So here's to the gang over at FTV! As well as Mimi Tompkins and her wonderful cameraman (whose name is escaping me at this late hour) who I spent the day with running around NYC! Thanks guys!

Click here if you wanna see what a spaz I am.

13 comments:

Kid KAsh said...

Loved this piece on you! You look amazing! Hopefully one day i can meet you cuz u look like a ton of fun to hang out with. too bad you just left miami. :( I'll be in NYC soon. hopefully well bump into each other. lol I promise I'm not a weirdo! Be good and Hope your well!

Anonymous said...

JD!!! WHATS YOUR HURRY??? LOL!!!

YOU LOOK SCRUMPTIOUS!!

Bryn said...

You're so most definitely my hero!!!!

dru said...

your too adorable...im working my second season and it will not be complete till i get to meet you!

Samil said...

Your energy is infectious:)i understand your writing more now that I see you "live"-I hope you the best wherever you are.

david jon acosta said...

jd, can you please check out my new t-shirt line? ive been going to ur blog for over a year now and im really hoping to get my big break soon. please check it out and let me know. ur a huge inspiration to me. thank u. ;)

JD FERGUSON said...

Send me a link!

Giuseppe Santamaria said...

JD, you are truly and inspiration and I only strive to be as successful as you! :)

Giuseppe

Major Models said...

Jd YOU ARE BONKERS..IT WAS SOO GOOD

Steven said...

I've watched FT since the first episode aired.

BTW, I loved your segment. Too bad it wasn't longer.

Anonymous said...

You have the best hair.
xo

Bryanboy said...

woman what did i tell you earlier? tsk LOL you're not a spaz!

i LOVE LOVE **LOVE** the feature they did on you. i'm just patiently waiting on itunes for it to come out for youtube!!!

alberto said...

Love your blog, and now that I've seen the FTV video, I can totally "hear" you in the writing. Congrats on the segment and meeting Jeanne Beker!