Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dior Resort Wear

I am loving these off-season fashion shows. Like shooting Dior's resort wear uptown at Gaustivino's the other night. None of this chain-smoking and double espresso's that usually get me through the stress of fashion week. The calmness was surreal, as was shooting "French fashion" in New York City. I didn't stick around for a shot of Galliano, but I did catch up with Flavia, who was so fabulous in Leopard print I kept expecting her to Purrrr...

Everyone was so chill and relaxed except of course for the gal who was handling the PR. She kept trying to throw me out because it was "just so cramped back here." Meanwhile the place was huge. I'm convinced it was her first time backstage at a Fashion show and I've accepted that in New York everyone's gotta feel important and have something to say. No worries though, cause Tanya D made it all better. We always have fun and seeing her reminds me of my first season backstage.

Of course the best part of the evening was, as usual, mama Pat McGrath; whose make-up still blows my mind. The girls looked amazing and not only could I listen to Pat's voice instructing her team all night long but I think she may be the first person yet to actually ALMOST convince me of joining Facebook. All and all it was a fun night.

Click here for a complete slide show.

1 comment:

veritas said...

i think you should join facebook! theres no spam and you actually have fun useing it,serisouly,and the girls as always look cute......