Thursday, March 6, 2008

Project Runway

Did everyone catch the season finale of Project Runway last-night? If your a hater move on. Because I'm sorry, Project Runway is the only productive reality show on television today and with four season's under it's belt, heavy sponsorship and Harvey Weinstein sittin' in the front row, I don't think it's goin anywhere anytime soon.

Nina Garcia- For those of you that don't have the pleasure of running in to Nina Garcia out on the fashion circuit, lemme tell ya, she's fab. (And must think I'm crazy). Every time I snap her photo, I find myself saying things like "Hey beautiful!" She gives me a big smile and I always get a great shot. LOVE Nina Garcia.

Heidi Klum-
What's their not to love about Heidi Klum? She came to this country not speaking an ounce of the language (her English is fabulous) she's beautiful, she's ambitious and she's fuckin' rocked it out. Good for Heidi Klum.

Victoria Beckham- Say what you will but, I'm sorry, she took the show to a whole other level. As did the clothes. Her sincerity and admiration for winning designer Christian Siriano, by endorsing him with insistence that he let her wear his designs, was some of the best PR we've seen on her stateside, yet. I thought she was pefect.

Tim Gunn- Did ya'll see the Parson's spot he did for The New School? His commitment, devotion and endearing quirks, have given the show it's legs and solidified it as a runway hit. People love Tim Gunn ya'll..

Michael Kors- (My favorite...looks like he's saying "Get me away from all this pussy!") He's the all-mighty of the show and his name being attached, from the beginning, has increased it's cache value and given it an interest that I don't think would have existed without him.

There you have it. I'm a Project Runway fan.

10 comments:

Vicky said...

Indeed a great show with a solid, genuine set of host/judges! There won't be another one of its quality for a long time on television...

Hope you're doing well JD! I couldn't go along with Steve to Europe with school and all, but it was great seeing you around NY :)

Anonymous said...

Project Runway rocks!
I'm a fan!
xo

Anonymous said...

There are things that are worse..

Matthew said...

I was glad Christian won. Me and my friend smoked a bowl and watched it last night. I actually started to tear up when Victoria Beckham talked about how much she loves his clothes, Could you imagine? Being on a show where you are in a competition to make your dreams come true, and one of your favorite Icons is not only the special guest judge, but she is telling you that you were the best?!!? Thats NUTS! loved it!

I actually hated him, well I liked him but i felt like he was putting on this facade, but luckily when he came back with his collection he toned down his attitude and I actually like him.

Anonymous said...

ahaha..."Did Heidi fart?" Michael Kors

Anonymous said...

I think Rami should have one..I like Christian but Rami's collection was more cohesive.

:)

cammy said...

PROJECT RUNWAY GETS BETTER AND BETTER EACH SEASON!! AS DO THE DESIGNERS..
xo

Anonymous said...

Yes! I was hoping Christian would win! Didn't get a chance to catch the finale, though. I'll have to get around to that...

Anonymous said...

Michael Kors looks ridiculous in that photo...The End

candid cool said...

the designers were incredible this season. i hope christian focuses on designing & not being a reality celebrity or whatever, it would be a waste of an insane amount of talent.

and i adore victoria beckham.