Thursday, September 27, 2007

Models

One of the things I've always loved about fashion is the wide variety of girls from all over the world we get to choose from. The Brits, the Russians, the Brazilians...so much diversity. Bruna is completely different than Anja who looks nothing like Coco or Solange.

And what gives a girl longevity? Is it how firm of an impression she plants on the psyche of fashion? How are Angela Lindvall, Liya Kebede and Erin Wasson able to gracefully step back into the picture garnering the same adulation and respect they did circuits of girls ago? Fronting a major cosmetic line certainly doesn't hurt your cache value. Will Hilary Rhoda command the same adoration in years to come?

Supreme dominated the runways this season with a fresh new wave of girls. While DNA remained at the top with a stable of heavy hitters led by (the ever present) Raquel Zimmerman, Agyness Deyn, Snejana Onopka, Kim Noorda and now Maryna Linchuk and Ali Michael.

I love it, it's like the All-Stars of modeling. Someone should do playing cards.
I'll see your Natasha Poly and raise you a Hana Soukupova!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WORK BITCH!

veritas said...

you have such fab taste in girls, i wish i could go and hang back stage with them just once *sigh*

Bryanboy said...

"I love it, it's like the All-Stars of modeling. Someone should do playing cards. I'll see your Natasha Poly and raise you a Hana Soukupova!"

I love, love, love this entry. It really was great to see Angela Lindvall back again.

Although I love the diversity of girls and we always love a fresh face, I just wish the entire fashion industry (from designers to agencies and casting directors) slow down in searching for the "next big girl". There won't be a big girl if all they do is make everyone the "next big thing" and churn out new faces faster than the speed of light, if you know what I mean.

It's bad enough that celebs steal these girls' jobs.. I say maximize the girls to their full potential! Nurture them and make them big!

geena said...

Good point Bryanboy!

I could not agree more!

Anonymous said...

so whatever happen to Hilary anyway? I know you must know

Bryanboy said...

whatever happened to doutzen