Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Beauty of V48

I'm wetting myself for V48. Check out these f-king covers! Christy Turlington (who never seems to age) and Raquel Zimmerman (a total bad-ass) grace the covers of this epic issue; as just two of thirty-four women of the moment, selected for a "study of beauty" shot by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

Never before has the power of transformation in fashion been more evident as in this sixty-eight page spread, which finds each girl shot first
au natural, and second, styled over the top by Joe McKenna. With Tom Pecheux on make-up and Luigi Murenu doing hair, how can you possibly go wrong?

It's stories like this (that offer more than just pushing product) that not only make Inez and Vinoodh the geniuses they are, but keep
V Magazine at the forefront of an industry that at times leaves much to the imagination.

V48 hits newsstands July 20th!

2 comments:

Bryanboy said...

I'm *SO* happy V got to include Snejana. I'm starting to miss her already cause it seems like she's not doing much these days; she's one of my favourite models ever!

Can't wait to get my hands on the new V but sadly it won't be for another 2-3 months because it's not widely available in the third world and the bookstores here take forever.

Until then, I can only stare at the preview shots on the site. Love love Snejana! Love, love, V!!!!!!

Ray Ray said...

That picture of Christy knocked me over. Never a bad picture from that one!!