Sunday, July 22, 2007

Tammy Faye RIP

No one was more of a survivor than Tammy Faye Messner...god love 'er. With her indelible spirit and unique spunky nature she survived major scandal through the late 80's and early 90's. However, even the spirited Tammy Faye could not overcome her battle with cancer and unfortunately has gone to that great big make-up counter in the sky. After eagerly awaiting her interview with Larry King last week, I was shocked and devastated to see how badly she had been suffering. But it was her impressive unshakable faith and kind heart that kept her strong to the bitter end. God Bless Tammy Faye!

2 comments:

cj said...

I saw the Larry King interview on the net last night and it brought me to tears. I am so inspired by her faith and courage. I'm sure she is enjoying the hamburger and fries with lots of ketchup now. :)

I am touched by her courage to speak to the public. Showing us all what she has been through. End of life care in the US is often difficult. Showing up on Larry King to talk about life and her struggle with cancer - will encourage others to have those difficult talks.

Your so right jd - God Bless her!

geena said...

Though I have never considered myself a fan of Tammy Faye Bakers I felt sorry for her after seeing her on larryking. Its nice you mentioned her in your blog.