Thursday, July 26, 2007

Lagerfeld Blues

By the time Paris rolled around, everyone had been sick but me. As the only collections I would be shooting in Paris were Karl Lagerfeld and Chanel, I was looking forward to three days of Parisian "play" between the two shows. Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. It was time to pay the Piper, or the fat lady, or whoever it is you pay when your number's up.

If it wasn't for the homeopathic whatever it was Karl kept having Sebastian give me, I never would've made it through the week. For three days I laid in my hotel room wrapped around the toilet (which is where I slept), burning up with a fever, only moving for the chicken broth that room service brought up twice a day. I had watched them drop like flies the past few weeks. Each new country, each new show, each girl eventually fell victim. In fact, I can't think of a single girl over the month of February that wasn't sick at one time or another.

Thank GOD it happened the last week of the shows, with three free days between the two. By the morning of Chanel it was all gone. Regardless of how much fun I had backstage at this show, whenever I see these photos I instantly feel a fever coming on.

Go to for more pics from this show.

1 comment:

cj said...

absolutely fabulous jd! I get to see things I never would!